I started a topic over at Tae Kim’s Guide to Japanese Grammar Forum about J-Ben, and have gotten a little bit of feedback. So far I’ve only got 2 real suggestions, but one of them was pretty good and the person suggesting it convinced me to give it a go.
So, I’m working on integrating KanjiPad into J-Ben. Or rather, I’ve already completed it – I made a standalone wxKanjiPad program, and then I copied the objects I made there over to J-Ben and got them to work together. The problem right now regards some pretty significant graphical issues, especially under Windows. I’ll be talking over on the wxWidgets forum to see if I can get them resolved. Once this is taken care of, then we’ll have our first kanji input method for the program!