The next revision of J-Ben is coming soon, probably tomorrow. I’ve completed builds on Linux and Windows, resolved an encoding issue between the two versions, and have updated the offline copy of my web site – tomorrow I plan to put the stuff live.
The main errata issues from the previous version still remain. However, I’ve added a very handy new functionality to the program, and will show what that is tomorrow when I make a proper update of my site. Let’s just say that if you’re studying for the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test), you’ll likely find the new version to be quite useful.
Since I’m taking the JLPT level 2 in December, I actually need to spend less time coding this program and more time using it. However, I’ll try to address any major issues people have, and since working on this is more fun than working on studying vocab and kanji, there’ll probably be another update before December.